Proud Professional Reader

Professional Reader

About the Blog

Welcome to Paula and Sarina's Book Blog! Avid readers, hard core fan girls of fictional literary male characters, proud library captains. We started this blog because of our love for reading YA novels and decided to share our thoughts on the books we read. We hope you enjoy our blog and contact us if you have any questions :)
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 29 June 2013

Name: Audrey, Wait!
Author: Robin Benway
Date Published: April 10, 2008
Grade: A-

Goodreads Summary: California high school student Audrey Cuttler dumps self-involved Evan, the lead singer of a little band called The Do-Gooders. Evan writes, “Audrey, Wait!” a break-up song that’s so good it rockets up the billboard charts. And Audrey is suddenly famous!

Now rabid fans are invading her school. People is running articles about her arm-warmers. The lead singer of the Lolitas wants her as his muse. (And the Internet is documenting her every move!) Audrey can't hang out with her best friend or get with her new crush without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi.

Take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, has outrageous amounts of fun, confronts her ex on MTV, and gets the chance to show the world who she really is.

Review: This book was unique to say the least. I was thrilled to find a summary of a book that was so different from anything that I had ever read, and when I kept on reading glowing reviews, I knew I had to pick it up. While I never found Audrey, Wait! to be the kind of book that sucked me in and kept me reading until the last page, overall, I thought it was a great book with a great story.

I think my favourite part about this book was the narration. After breaking up with her musician boyfriend, Audrey taught that she could turn the page and start a new life. Little did she know, a song, titled after the last words her ex-boyfriend ever said to her, would go national and take the world up in a storm. All of a sudden, she's no longer a normal teen that deals with just school and work. Now she has to deal with fans and paparazzi. Audrey's voice was so sassy and funny that it made this read a lot more entertaining. Actually, her voice reminded me of Jessica Darling a bit which I know preaches out to a lot of avid YA readers.

Keeping the book light, the romance was refreshing rather than consuming the storyline. While it was ever present, there wasn't a swoon worthy romance going on, but a nice one that kept the book interesting to read while the book carried on. It wasn't bad, it was different. A good different.

Overall, I liked Audrey, Wait! very much based on its unique storyline and sassy voice. I highly recommend this book to readers of the Jessica Darling series and basically any other person who loves a witty narrator!

Happy reading!

~SARINA


0 comments: