Proud Professional Reader

Professional Reader

About the Blog

Welcome to Paula and Sarina's Book Blog! Avid readers, hard core fan girls of fictional literary male characters, proud library captains. We started this blog because of our love for reading YA novels and decided to share our thoughts on the books we read. We hope you enjoy our blog and contact us if you have any questions :)
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday 16 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish. Because your admins here at From Covers to Covers love the idea of making funny and interesting lists, we are really excited to participate in these weekly challenges!

First of all, we'd just like to say sorry for not posting this earlier! It's been a busy week, but I guess it's better late than never, right? Besides fictional male characters, this topic is one of our favourites to discuss. Basically, this post could consist of every word from The Fault in Our Stars, with possibly a few quotes from The Perks of Being a Wallflower included. Instead, we tried to vary it up a bit, but it's hard to avoid those books altogether. Without further ado, here are some of our favourite quotes!


Paula

Okay, well firstly... Let me just start off by saying IF I COULD LIST EVERY SINGLE JOHN GREEN QUOTE THERE IS, I WOULD. BECAUSE HIS QUOTES ARE MAGICAL. AND SO PERFECT. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. But I can't do that... So I will do my best to vary it up. Yeah. Here are a few of my favourites.

1.


"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world... but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices." 

2.

"I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is." 

3.


"Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are." 

4.

"Her hands were freezing, just like they always were, so I warmed them, just like I always did." 

5.


"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."


Honorable Mentions (AKA. Other quality John Green quotes...):


"It's not because I want to make out with her."
"Hold on." He grabbed a pencil and scrawled excitedly at the paper as if he'd just made a mathematical breakthrough and then looked back up at me. "I just did some calculations, and I've been able to determine that you're full of shit." -John Green, Looking for Alaska

"As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep; Slowly, and then all at once" -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

"Books are the ultimate Dumpees; Put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back." - John Green, An Abundance of Katherines


I tried to vary it. I tried.

Sarina

6. 

""Tomorrow will be better."
"But what if it's not?" I asked.
Walcott smiled and let go of the CD. "Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better.""

7.

"Your mind has a way of not letting you forget things you wish you could. Especially with people. Like, you'll always try your best to forget things that people say to you or about you, but you always remember. And you'll try to forget things you've seen that no one should see, but you just can't do it. And when you try to forget someone's face, you can't get it out of your head."


8.

"Years ago, I was crashed in Gram's garden and Big asked me what I was doing. I told him I was looking up at the sky. He said, "That's a misconception, Lennie, the sky is everywhere, it begins at your feet.""


9.

"Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you."

10. 



"We accept the love we think we deserve."

That's a wrap! What are some of your favourite quotes?

0 comments: